Come Visit Mueller Central
Come on out and get to know Mueller. To get acquainted with the full vision for Mueller, please visit our information center, Mueller Central, located at 4550 Mueller Blvd. Click here for address and operating hours.
Celebrating Austin's Leaders and Legends
Here are the stories behind the names of Mueller's first streets.
The Mueller Design Book
For more information regarding Mueller's Design Book, click here.
Located just three miles from downtown Austin and the Texas State Capitol and two miles from The University of Texas at Austin, Mueller is perfectly positioned to become an energetic new hub for central Austin. Come have a look!
A New Urban Village
The ambitious effort to redevelop Robert Mueller Municipal Airport into a mixed-use urban village in the heart of the city has helped Austin chart new directions. Mueller is envisioned as a sustainable community that is meeting extensive goals in housing and economic development. The award-winning Mueller master plan and the ambitious Master Development Agreement with Catellus Development Group and the City of Austin are the culmination of decades of community planning efforts from visionary neighbors and active citizens.
New Homes and Jobs
The 700-acre Mueller site, vacated when Austin's airport relocated in 1999, is well on its way to becoming home to approximately 13,000 people, 13,000 employees, 10,500 construction jobs, more than 5,700 homes and 140 acres of public open space. The award-winning master plan, designed according to new urbanist principles, includes:
- More than 5,700 single-family and multifamily homes (at least 25 percent in the Mueller Affordable Homes Program)
- More than 140 acres of parks and perimeter greenways
- A town center with shops, plazas and live/work spaces planned to include 30 percent locally-owned businesses
- 13 miles of new hike and bike paths and lanes
- Dell Children's Medical Center of Central Texas
- The University of Texas Medical Research Campus
- Austin Film Studios
- Connections to public transportation
- Regional retail
- State-of-the-art rental apartments
- A broad variety of new home opportunities--both for rent and for sale
- Class A office space
All improvements, amenities and land uses herein are proposed and information on properties and neighborhoods, prices, plans, dimensions, features, amenities and/or other improvements is subject to change without notice. There can be no assurance that the current proposed improvements, plans or amenities will be completed. Map, plot plans and depictions of homes and other improvements are artist's conceptions and not to scale.